5.09.2010

Mother's Day 2010



Ben & I visited Anette's grave site today on Mother's day. It's our 2nd year without her and it feels like the 1st. This whole day was an emotional struggle. These fresh cut roses are absolutely beautiful and bright just like she was.
Today is a busy day at cemetery's. It's heavy on my heart to see so many people who have lost their mothers, daughters, and grandmothers. I think about how much my mother has always meant to me, how much I miss her, love her, think about her and know that I am not alone today. What's strange is that even though I know that I'm not alone, I still feel like I am. There are all of these people at the cemetery and I still feel like none of them can relate to my pain and me as I know that I can not relate to them on the same level. We try to "be there" for one another but in reality that's a lot easier said than done. Everyone has their own story and circumstance. As no 2 people are the same neither are their stories. Yes we may have something in common, but that doesn't mean we all hurt the same. This is a feeling that I struggle with the most. One day I will learn to control it better.
As I stand here remembering Anette, I remember her mother that passed away the day before mother's day many years ago. Then I thought of my other grandmother. One memory triggers another and my day feels like it just won't get any better. Even though these are wonderful memories they make me miss them all that much more. Thank goodness for sunglasses!

To all of those who have loving mothers, do NOT take them for granted and make every day that is spent with her Mother's Day. She may do a lot of things that can be annoying from time to time, as all parents do, but she does it with good intentions and with one of the greatest of loves, a mother's love. Like all of us, she could be here one day and gone the next. They stay alive in our memories. It is very, very important to let them know that they'll live on forever through these memories as we share them from one generation to the the next.
Keep their memories alive!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks....she will never be forgotten as long as her memory lives in our hearts. Werner

Miriam said...

Miss her so so much too....Thanks for the awesome post! Very touching. She will never be forgotten in my heart and thoughts. Miriam